Total Pageviews

Friday 20 January 2012

Noel Gallagher: 'I often thought Liam's role in Oasis must have been difficult'


Noel Gallagher has admitted that he thinks that his brother Liam Gallagher had a "difficult" role in Oasis.

The High Flying Birds man told the Yorkshire Evening Post that he thought it was tricky for the Beady Eye frontman to sing songs written by somebody else.

He said: I often thought Liam's role in Oasis must have been difficult, singing somebody else's songs. You can read the words and understand [literally] what they mean but you don't instinctively understand them.
Speaking about writing songs for his solo project, he added: "I know when I write a song now how it's going to sound when I finish it in the studio. 'If I Had A Gun' is obviously a love song but I know what it's about.

"When I'm singing I know what it means, I know who the person is, I can deliver its sentiment a little better. All the other songs I can deliver the lines with the story. I wrote it so I know what it means."

Earlier this week, Noel Gallagher was revealed as one of the biggest selling rock acts of 2011. The singer's debut album 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' was the second biggest selling album of the year according to the Official Charts Company, shifting just shy of 500,000 copies.

Coldplay were the year's biggest selling band, with their album 'Xylo Myloto' selling over 900,000 copies despite only being released in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment