Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 January 2012

Paul McCartney to play at London 2012 Olympics?



Paul McCartney has hinted that he could play a special show at the London 2012 Olympics.

The Beatles legend, who live streamed a press conference detailing his new studio album 'Kisses On The Bottom' earlier this week (January 19), told the Daily Mirror that he was in talks about being involved at this year's Games.

He said:
I am seeing the guy because there is something they want me to do. I might be doing something in the Olympics. I won't know until then.
McCartney also revealed he "could easily" take on a role in the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations, which take place this year.

The singer, who performed at Buckingham Palace for the Golden Jubilee in 2002, said he was a "big fan of the Queen", insisting: "I think she's great and does a great job.

"People say, 'Ugh, the monarchy and all that', but what are you going to get in return? David Cameron? I'm not sure I want him to represent all of Britain. So if I get asked I could easily do it."

Paul McCartney will release 'Kisses On The Bottom' on February 6. The album was recorded with producer Tommy LiPuma, Diana Krall and her band, and also features appearances from Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder. 'Kisses On The Bottom' is made up of songs McCartney listened to as a child as well as two new songs, 'My Valentine' and 'Only Our Hearts'.

No comments:

Post a Comment