Total Pageviews

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Florence And The Machine

Florence And The Machine'sAlbum Florence Welch has admitted that she once got so drunk she set fire to her hotel room.

The 'Ceremonials' singer spoke about a particularly drunken night where she drank 17 dirty martinis and then left a tea light burning in her hotel room, which led to the fire.

Despite the flames, the singer was so drunk she slept through the whole incident and also hadn't realised she'd chipped her tooth earlier in the evening.

She told Q Magazine about the night in question: "I think I must have had about 17 Dirty Martinis. I lost my phone and ripped my dress very badly. I accidentally set fire to The Bowery Hotel because I'd left a cinnamon tea light burning. I came back to the hotel, passed out in my ripped dress - no phone, chipped tooth - came round and there was black stuff all over the wall, my book had melted on the bedside table and there was a bucket of water on the floor. Actually the last scene you want to wake up to with a hangover. Half the room was singed."

The singer also admitted that she'd racked up quite a credit card bill that night and that drinks with Kanye West and Lykke Li actually cost more than the fire damage.

She said of this: "My American publicist was like, 'Ah yes, there was a very big bill on my credit card.' But the fire damage was only a couple of hundred. The big bill was the bloody dressing room drinks bill. Kanye West, Lykke Li, me, the doormen, most of Lower Manhattan, whoever, drinking Dirty Martinis and what have you. The amount is undisclosed."

It was confirmed earlier today that The Horrors and Florence And The Machine are set to perform together at this year's NME Awards ceremony.

They're promising to perform a very special collaboration at our annual celebration of the greatest music in the world, which is taking place at O2 Academy Brixton on February 29. The VaccinesAlbum and KasabianAlbum are among the other performers scheduled to appear, while comedian Jack Whitehall will be hosting the event.Moviesctpl

No comments:

Post a Comment