Total Pageviews

Friday 20 April 2012

Emeli Sande

Emeli Sande said.


"If you really want something you have to be prepared to be the clown," Emeli Sandé said at her NYC showcase in February, before going into one of her most honest songs, "Clown."

Emeli Sandé Talks Career Start: 'People Didn't Know What to Do With Me'

Sandé isn't fearful to fill her lyrics with emotion, to show herself for those who can't or fearful themselves. "I wanted to sing about things that people think they can't sing about," Sandé told The Juice of her album, "Our Version of Events."

"I just wanted to make something that's very honest, [of] what I was experiencing, and how I felt about the world. Its 'our version of events,' its how we wanted to make it," Sandé continued in the second part of her two-part Juice interview.

"Our Version of Events," which debuted at No. 1 on the U.K. Albums chart on March 4, is laced with intimate stories of Emeli's relationships, from family to lovers. "Everything else is relationships. people in my life I would do anything for. There is a song called 'Mountains' that's about my parents and they're struggle."


In the new video for her second U.K. single, "My Kind of Love," Sandé takes care of someone close to her heart who appears to be suffering from cancer.

"I wanted the album to have a real message of hope to it and speak about things that are great in the world. I think there are is a couple tracks that are romantic relationships. There is a couple songs that are about romantic relationships, but the other love songs i just wanted to speak about unconditional love, for whoever," Sandé said.

Sandé is moving full speed ahead with promoting her powerful debut album. Aside from debuting "My Kind of Love" yesterday (April 19), the singer-songwriter also released a video for her U.S. single, "Next to Me." "Our Version of Events" currently holds the No. 5 slot on the U.K. album chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment