Total Pageviews

Friday 25 May 2012

Will I Am



Will.i.am: 'I'm not a great singer'
will.i.am Download has confirmed what many people probably already knew by admitting that he's not a great singer.
The sometime rapper, who is currently appearing as a judge on BBC reality show The Voice, has surprised no-one by revealing that he "leans on Auto-Tune" quite a lot.NME

Asked about his singing ability, Will, who's actually called Williams James Adams, told Alan Carr on his Channel 4 show Chatty Man: "A lot of the time I am in the studio by myself and no-one works as much as I do. So the computer allows me to make music singing myself and not wait around for singers to come and sing it."

He went on: "It's a rare combination to have someone who can write songs and sing well. The computer allows me to execute my ideas at the speed I think them. So that's why I lean to Auto-Tune. It's just an effect. But I am working on, you know, my singing abilities."

He also denied that The Voice was in danger of being cancelled due to falling ratings, saying, "You can't always believe what you read", and added that people shouldn't trust Wikipedia either.

He added: "I checked Wikipedia once and it said I was one million years old, so you can't always believe what you read."

He's right y'know - he's actually a mere 37 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment