Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Foster The People

 Foster The People
Download said that there debut album 'Torches' will be "heavily" influenced by British bands The Clash and The Kinks.

Foster revealed in an interview with Billboard, that he's been writing songs on the road and that the Los Angeles band's next album will have "more grit" than their debut. He said of the record:I think it's going to take a lot of left turns. It's going to be really celebratory - a lot like our first record is, but in a different way. I think there's going to be more grit, and I think it's gonna be extremely percussive. I've been listening to a lot of the Clash lately, and a lot of '60s, the Kinks. I think those bands are going to influence the next record heavily.

The band's frontman explained that he's been using a portable studio, but will do the majority of the songwriting for their second album after they finish up with their current world tour at the end of summer.NME

Foster says that he will take inspiration from visiting countries such as Morocco, India, Turkey and Tunisia, commenting: "I'm just going to stay on that side of the world and travel around in some weird cultures... and just vibe out. I think it's gonna open up a whole different perspective on the way I look at the world. And to be around different instruments and in a completely uncomfortable environment... I think uncomfortability sometimes produces the best art, so I'm really excited."

No comments:

Post a Comment