Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 June 2012

Kate Nash


Kate Nash

Downloadhas responded to criticism received for her new song 'Under-Estimate The Girl' via a blog post on her Tumblr account. The singer has said that she will never return to making the same style of music as featured on her first two albums, adding that she believes "it is important to push boundaries, to try new things, and not to re-create." Nash wrote:
I'm extremely proud of the work I have done on both of my albums before now. 'Made of Bricks' and 'My Best Friend Is You'… But just to let you all know, I will never make those albums ever again.

She continues: "I believe it is important to push boundaries, to try new things, and not to re-create. Art and humans alike are supposed to grow and change. Jeez if I was still the same person I was when I was 16 that would be fucking shit!"NME

Nash went on to say that she has written her new, punk-driven songs, including 'Under-Estimate The Girl', because: "I've been hurt and I'm angry and playing bass and shouting about it makes me feel better. That's all it is. And if that freaks people out then good."

The Brit Award winning arist recently went to Los Angeles to write and record her as-yet-untitled third album, which will be released later this year. She released her debut 'Made Of Bricks' in 2007, and its follow-up, 'My Best Friend Is You', in 2010. Of the new album she said: "It's a real mix of angsty shouting, pop harmonies, surfy twangy sounding guitars and big bass sounds."

Read More myignorantyouth.tumblr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment