Total Pageviews

Friday 22 June 2012

Will i am

Will i AM


The singer tweeted: "I gave the majority of the money I made on the voice to the @PrincesTrust to build a tech programme to get the kids from east LDN up to speed (sic)."
The rapper decided to donate the money, via the Will.I.Am’s i.am.angel Foundation, after meeting youngsters on a Prince's Trust personal development course in East London last month.
Speaking at the Trust's London headquarters, Will.I.Am said: "It really takes one person from East London or Brixton to turn into Mark Zuckerberg."MTV
"My donation to the trust will help these young people build skills that are vital in today's and tomorrow's job market, including technology and computer knowledge."
He added: "I grew up in east Los Angeles, one of the most under-served and tough neighbourhoods in America.
"My family made sure I understood that getting a good education and hard work were key to turning my dreams into reality and beating the odds that come with growing up in a disadvantaged situation.
"The Prince's Trust has a 36-year history of assisting disadvantaged youth, so I am pleased to be collaborating with an organisation that shares my mission to transform the lives of young people who need extra support and structure in their lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment