Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 July 2012

Adele

Adele

Download was unable to perform a tribute for her late friend Amy Winehouse because she was too emotional, George Michael has revealed.
During an interview with radio station Heart 106.2, the Faith hitmaker claimed that he had approached Adele for a duet honouring Amy at a fundraiser concert last November, but the 24-year old declined his offer.MTV
The ex-Wham! star explained: "We communicated by email and initially what I wanted was for us to sing Love Is A Losing Game by Amy Winehouse at the Elizabeth Taylor tribute I did at Covent Garden.
"She was basically telling me she couldn't. She tried to put one of [Winehouse's] songs in her own set and she couldn't even get through it. I think they knew each other from the Brit School.
"They're obviously musical goddesses but I think the tragedy would have been too much for her."
He went on to add that he is still keen to work with the Rolling In The Deep singer, stating: "I would love to do a track with her.
"I think she has no plans other than to have a baby right now and I think she wants to lay low for a while and gather herself and to then come back to us relatively soon with some more music and I'd love to be involved when that happens. She's lovely."

No comments:

Post a Comment