Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 July 2012

Florence And The Machine

Florence And The Machine Downloadcelebrated the three-year anniversary of her debut album, 'Lungs', at T In The Park 2012 yesterday (July 6).

Three was the magic number for the singer, as she made her third appearance at T In The Park. In a joyous mood, Florence thanked fans for appreciating her music and for their continuing support.

Opening with 'Only If For A Night', a jubilant Florence skipped giddily around the stage and waved her arms in the air. "For one night only," said the singer, "I'm going to rename this song 'What The Buckfast Gave Me'," before launching into 'What The Water Gave Me' from her second album, 2011's 'Ceremonials'.

In honour of the anniversary, she added a track to her setlist that has been absent from recent shows. "We weren't going to play this song," said Florence, "but since it's a special day…". The band then fired up 'Between Two Lungs', a fan favourite from her three-year old debut album.NME

'You Got The Love' had the whole crowd singing, while Florence got fans to climb on each other's shoulders for a euphoric 'Rabbit Heart' – you can watch a video of this performance below. During 'Shake It Out', the singer jumped around the stage in a frenzied dance before a stunning 'Dog Days Are Over' got everyone jumping. She ended her set with massive-sounding version of 'No Light, No Light'.

Ally Graham, a 25-year-old fan from Perth, : "That was amazing, wasn't it? I remember when 'Lungs' came out. I was still at University and the whole album just reminds me of good times, so it was great that she celebrated it here while I was here. It feels pretty special to me. I loved it."

Chris Traynor, 30, from Newcastle, added: "I'm a big fan of Florence And The Machine. It's music made for festivals like this. Nearly every song she sings has a big chorus that everyone can join in on – that's what makes her great. I was singing 'You Got The Love' at the top of my lungs. No pun intended by the way."

Jess Dick, a 21-year-old from Lancaster, was just as impressed, saying: "I love how she just gets involved with the crowd. She always acts like she means everything she says. There's just such a great vibe when she performs. I feel really euphoric and dead pleased for her. She's amazing."

No comments:

Post a Comment