Total Pageviews

Monday 22 October 2012

Jake Bugg

Jake Bugg 
says the success of his debut album, which hit Number One in the charts yesterday (October 21), is a victory for guitar music.

Bugg says: "I guess it proves my point – people still want to hear guitar music. It’s my job to keep that X Factor shit off the top of the charts."
Bugg's album, 'Jake Bugg' was up against the enduringly popular Mumford and Sons album 'Babel' and 'Glassheart', the latest release by former X Factor winner Leona Lewis. NME

Bugg today flies to the USA, where's he joining Snow Patrol and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' co-headline tour. Unlike recent UK gigs, Bugg will be performing solo in his support slots.

"The guys in the band are gutted because they were all looking forward to it, but it just hasn't worked out this time," says Bugg. "When I’m on my own, some songs aren’t going to sound as good so I’ve been spending the last week practicing and sorting that out. Couldn't I ask Noel to back me up? Nah, I don’t think that’s going to happen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment