Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 February 2013

Elton John

Elton John
is the latest big name guest on Queens of Stones Age new Album

Amazon
The unlikely collaboration was revealed by Dave Grohl, who is also appearing on the forthcoming album as drummer, when he interviewed Sir Elton as part of his week covering chat show host Chelsea Lately on her late night talk show in America last night (February 6). During the interview, Grohl told the audience that "Recently, Elton and I recorded something together. Something that people wouldn't imagine the two of us doing together," before Elton revealed that it was a new song for the upcoming Queens Of The Stone Age album.NME

Revealing details of the recording session, Elton added: "I was in Vegas and I flew back to LA and Engelbert Humperdinck had written me a very sweet letter and asked me to sing a duet with him. He is part of my history and I couldn't say no so I went and recorded a song with him. Then I drove three blocks and went from Engelbert to Queens Of The Stone Age, which was a bit of a mindfuck."

Grohl, interjecting, said: "I remember you (Elton) walking in and him being, like, (lethargically) 'Have you got a ballad for me?' and we were just like, 'no, we do not have a ballad for you.'" Talking specifically about recording the song, Elton added: "After three hours we got it and he (Grohl) drummed on every take and every take was amazing. He's built like a brick shithouse when he drums."

No comments:

Post a Comment