Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 July 2013

Heloise & The Savoir Faire


 

Heloise & The Savoir Faire

 Diamond Dust [Explicit] [+digital booklet]


“Dive In,” and a new album Diamond Dust. NewNowNext chatted with front woman Heloise Williams about the band’s new sound, crossing paths with Lady Gaga and stepping away from the music scene.
Where has Willams been the past few years? After hooking up with Brooklyn’s legendary indie-music scene, she took a sabbatical of sorts in Vermont, pursuing a degree and recharging her creative battery. “I felt I was unclear about what was coming from me and what was the scene,” says Williams. “I wanted to isolate myself, think over what I wanted to write about.”
While “Dive In” is the band’s call to seize the day, Williams says the video is a “homage” to gay rights.  “[We were thinking] about gay marriage and all the embarrassing, horrible attacks around the word.” The rainbow saturated clip was also influenced by queer musician Arthur Russell’s avant-garde remixes and Andy Warhol’s infamous screen tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment