Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 July 2013

Yo La Tengo


Yo La Tengo
Fade

purposefully intended to "cut down on some of the sprawl" on the upcoming Fade. "Ohm" doesn’t extend out in length like past triumphs such as I Am Not Afraid of You And I Will Beat Your Ass' "Pass the Hatchet, I Think I’m Goodkind", but it does reach toward the same kind of brilliant simplicity this band often deploys to etch out their longer songs. The open-ended nature of their circular riffing makes if feel like a track that’s been reduced down from something bigger, with the band aiming to work only with the very essence of their sound. It aligns "Ohm" with the poppier material from Yo La Tengo’s back catalog, returning to the same kind of warm, melancholy feel of I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One's "Sugarcube".

Fade

No comments:

Post a Comment