Total Pageviews

Monday 5 November 2012

The Wanted


The Wanted
 Max George has hinted that there is rivalry between his band and One Direction.
Despite previously stating that there is no bad blood with 1D, George has now revealed to The Sun's Fabulous magazine: "We're not the best of friends, so it's not like we are going to go up and start hugging and kissing.
"And they make little comments in interviews when we're mentioned. But they're young, and that's expected, and I laugh at it. If they're taking it seriously, then maybe that's just an age thing."Bandmate Jay McGuiness added: "There's no actual fighting, it's just the way it goes in the media. I've met the boys. They're not angels, but who is? When we first started it was us versus JLS."
Siva Kaneswaran went on to state that acts from reality shows like 1D who shot to fame on The X Factor are not prepared for fame, explaining: "Programmes like The X Factor make you famous very fast and don't prepare you for what you're going to face.
"In the beginning, we were going to club gigs and getting bottled and shouted at. It makes you deal with negativity and that made us stronger."MTV
Siva continued: "Record labels make me angry. It's like they've got this right to say what they want you to be - how you talk, your image, your hair, your music.
"If Max grew his hair and I shaved mine it would be really weird for the record label - every artist is a product."
Tom Parker agreed: "I'm sure people see all boyband members as puppets, but it totally isn't like that.
"[The label] love what we bring them, but they f**king hate how much we are in control, cause I don't think they've ever experienced a band like it before.
"It annoys me when things don't get done right: Why has the single not been released at this time? Where's the video? It's like, 'You people work for a record label, you are paid a large salary, why am I doing your job when I don't even know that much about it?'"
In the same interview, Max also addressed his relationship status following his split from actress Michelle Keegan, stating: "I'm not dating or anything. I'm just single and getting on with work and the new record, so I'm very busy indeed.
"I've not long been single, so it takes time to move on from someone who you really... well, especially someone like Michelle, anyway. I'm not ready for anything with anyone else."
He added: "She'll always be special to me. She's a nice girl, a great girl, so I just wish her all the best. You'll never hear me say a bad word about her."

No comments:

Post a Comment